In 2014 CCA ŁAŹNIA would like to follow last year’s model and invite 2 artists whose artistic practice will focus on the context of Gdansk, and/or its district New Port.
We are looking for artists who with the help of contemporary art practices undertake the discussion around places perceived in a certain, stereotype way. Artist is encouraged to reach out to the spaces in-between, out of the daily routine.
Artists Residency is organised in 2 stages:
2 weeks research visit + 2 months residency that follows
CCA ŁAŹNIA 2 will offer:
- a space to live and work
- artistic fee inclusive of travel allowance, costs of living, insurance: 2000 PLN/artist for the 2 weeks long research trip
- artistic fee inclusive of travel allowance, costs of living, insurance: 6000 PLN/artist for the 2 months long production phase
- material costs allowance up to 2500PLN/artist (paid upon submission of receipts) - assistant - support of CCA ŁAŹNIA team throughout the term in residence
Application deadline 26th January 2014.
- there are no limitations nor preferences in relation to such factors as country of origin, age, media, etc.
- applicants should be reasonably fluent in English (spoken and written)
- for further information please contact Aleksandra Księżopolska (firstname.lastname@example.org)