Open call for interdisciplinary projects
Datum dogodka: 2014
Hangar – Center for Artistic research and production
Open call for interdisciplinary projects
call for artistic, theoretical or applied research projects that include collaborative processes with other fields
This is an open call for participating in the second edition of Spring Sessions at Hangar art production and research center based in Barcelona (Spain). The Spring Sessions are intensive and interdisciplinary meetings between artists and other professionals for developing a specific part of a larger research project.
The Spring Sessions provide the opportunity to an artist to invite a professional from another discipline to work together in the development of part of a larger research project within the framework of a one month residency in Hangar. One participant will be based in Barcelona and the other somewhere else. The person based elsewhere will be able to live in Hangar’s guest house during the development of the residency (one month).
As the first edition, Spring Sessions #2 takes place in the framework of the Hangar’s project Grid Spinoza and the European project Soft Control.
Grid Spinoza explores the processes, methodologies and dynamics of artistic and scientific research, paying attention to spaces of confluence and ways of transferring knowledge from one field to the other. The project is based on an online platform that contains an open archive of articles and audiovisual interviews with artist and scientists. The project Soft Control is a platform where artists, scientists and other cultural operators open their laboratories and their research projects to a specialised and non-specialised audience. At the same time the project is a framework for artist and scientist constructively sharing knowledge and cultural models of critical thinking, activism and experimentation.
Description of the elegible projects
- General eligible criteria
Ongoing artistic, theoretical or applied research projects that include collaborative processes with other fields such as cultural studies, scientific research or technological development.
The part of the project to be developed in Hangar has to include the participation of a professional from another field, selected by the artist.
- Specific elegible criteria for Sessions de Primavera #2
This year´s edition seeks to support projects that address the issue of transferability in the ACT (Art, Science and Technology) field. We understand by transferability:
Eligible applicants and modalities
Artists of all ages and nationalities that are carrying out a research project and:
- Option A: They are based in Barcelona and need to work during one month with someone from another discipline based in another city. This person will live in Hangar’s guest house during the developement of the residency (one month).
- Option B: They are based in a different city from Barcelona but need to work with a professiona from another discipline based in this city. In this case, the artist will live in Hangar’s guest house during the development of the residency (one month).
The duration of the residency will be five weeks in 2014, one between February and April and four during the month of June.
1. The application must be submitted filling in the online form.
Hangar will contribute to the residency with (amounts are before taxes):
- Artist fee: 2.500 euros.
- Invited professional fee: 1.000 euros.
- Accommodation for one person in Hangar: 350 euros .
- Work space in Hangar: 150 euros.
- Production costs: 500 euros.
- Use of equipments.
- Technical advise.
- A mentor. Also the artist and the collaborator selected from this open call will participate in the workshop on interdisciplinary research lead by the mentor and Hangar which will be held in mid- June.
- Travel costs up to 450 euros.
Commitments of the selected project with Hangar
The applicants must fill in the online form with the following information:
1. Personal details of the artist and the professional from another field.
2. Modality (a/ or b/)
3. A brief biography of the artist and the professional from another field (2500 characters including spaces for each).
4. Curriculum vitae of the artist (2500 characters including spaces).
4. Description of the research project including (2500 characters including spaces):
- description of the research field
- description of the part of the project to be developed in Hangar
- work plan for the development of the project in Hangar
- technical needs
IMPORTANT: Applications must be submitted in English. Applications which do not include the required information and/or exceed the extension limits will not be considered.
The Selection Committee is composed by:
- Roc Parés, artist, professor and researcher in Interactive Communication of the University Pompeu Fabra and adviser of the Soft Control project for Hangar.
- The mentor of the residency.
- Reimund Fickert, project manager of the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park.
- A person from one of the organisations composing the European consortium for the Soft Control project.
- Marta Gracia, research project coordinator of Hangar.
- The director of Hangar.
- Unusual collaborations between artists and other professional profiles.
Deadline for applications: The 31st of January 2014 at 00:00h (GMT +1).
Announcement of the results: Mid February 2014.
Residency: one between February and April and four during the month of June.
Rok prijave: 31/01/14
Passatge del Marquès de Santa Isabel, 40
tel: 933084041 ext. 22
Prijavi se na okrožnico Artservisa:
Zadnja objava, tema:
International Conference "Theatre Between Tradition and Contemporaneity" Theatre - ...