The Emmanuel College Art Department offers an eight-week artists residency to four artists each summer. The residency supports a diverse group of artists, providing time and space for established and emerging artists to develop their work.
However, the Art Department specifically aims to award a residency to one individual from each of the four categories: ceramics, photography, printmaking and social justice. Fostering creative and artistic excellence, the residency also plays an important role in advancing the visual arts on the Emmanuel campus, providing an important educational program on contemporary art accessible to students, staff, and faculty.
The residency defines Emmanuel College as a leader in the visual arts and brings greater visibility to that leadership role beyond the confines of the College.
• Artists must not be currently enrolled in any academic program
• Residency is from mid June to mid August 2014
• Artists will receive a stipend up to $2000 for travel to and from the residency.
• Lodging is provided in the college dorms, with access to a small kitchen.
• Artist must agree to come back to the campus during the 2014/15 academic year to give a slide lecture.
• Residents have access to college studio facilities- ceramics, woodshop, print studio, darkroom, mac lab and open use studio space.
• Artists must devote 3 hours to Emmanuel´s summer art history course, Contemporary Art and Artistic Practice, discussing their own process.
• Emmanuel will host a closing exhibition for all resident artists to participate in and show the larger community the end result of your work.
• Artists will donate one piece to Emmanuel College at the end of the residency.