Artists from all over the world are invited to contribute their work for the Richmond Art Gallery’s International Mail Art Exhibition and Swap. Mail Art (aka Postal Art) is an art form where artists exchange artworks and correspondence through the mail. All artworks received that fulfill the guidelines will be exhibited in the Gallery and online. All artworks will be traded with another artist’s works at the end of the exhibition.
While all works received that fulfill the participation guidelines will be exhibited, we ask artists to respond to the theme of “memory”. This may include, but is not limited to:
Exhibition: November 17, 2013 – January 6, 2014
• Artists can send up to three artworks sized 4” x 6” (10.2 x 15.3 cm) as a postcard.
• Artworks must be sent through the postal system or hand - delivered. No online entries.
• ORIGINAL art works only (no photocopies).
• All a rtworks will be traded at the end of the exhibition, and you will receive a ‘swap’.
•All artworks will be displayed on our online gallery for one year. Your entry into this exhibition signifies that you agree to the swap and having your work displayed online.
• Include on the back of your submission: Full name, Address, Country, and E-mail address, so that you can receive a trade as well as updates on the exhibition. Optional – Medium and title of work.