NATURE OF THE BURSARY:
• Boarding (vegetarian meals) and lodging. One studio apartment which is a combined living and working space.
• Round-trip airfare at best rates in economy class and according to the residency date. UNESCO-Aschberg manages the travel arrangements.
• An allowance of US $1000 for the complete stay to cover living expenses and materials, or US $ 500 each month.
• An Open House is organized intended for the laureate with a group of other artists.
• All non Indian residents (except residents from Nepal and Bhutan) must hold a valid Visa and Passport for the duration of their visit/stay. A scanned copy of your visa and passport should be sent to Sanskriti and UNESCO-Aschberg, prior to your arrival. All arrangements for Visa and Passport are personal procedures, that must be made by the laureate himself/herself.
• The laureate must provide for his or her own health insurance.
DATES OF RESIDENCY:
• Starting October, 2014 for 2 months, mutually agreeable to the Laureate and Sanskriti.
• The UNESCO-Aschberg Bursary is intended for professional artists wishing to enrich their career and by acquiring experience abroad. Students are not eligible.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience, practitioners of the above mentioned disciplines of demonstrated ability and commitment.
• Working knowledge of English required.
HOST AND PARTNER INSTITUTION:
Located at the foothills of the Aravali Mountains on the outskirts of New Delhi, the Sanskriti Kendra (Centre) enables creative people from diverse disciplines to work, study and interact in harmony with each other and the natural environment.
The Centre was created by the Sanskriti Foundation, a registered public charitable trust founded in 1979.
Please mention “UNESCO-Aschberg Bursaries” in the subject line to your Emails and on your correspondence postal envelopes.